About Chapman Engineering
Chapman Engineering is an environmental engineering and services company based in Boerne, Texas. For more than 22 years, we have delivered environmental and corrosion protection solutions in such areas as
- Cathodic protection of USTs, pipelines, bulk tanks, water treatment plants
- Underground storage tank (UST) release detection and compliance auditing
- Spill prevention, control and countermeasures plans (SPCC), and emergency response to accidental petroleum releases
- Regulatory compliance and enforcement action help for TCEQ and RRC matters
- Water and wastewater system design, expansion, troubleshooting and rehabilitation
- Water quality, ground-water availability, public water system and water , etc.
- Environmental assessment and cleanup for petroleum, chlorinated solvents, heavy metals
- Expert witness work
Our customer base includes oil and gas firms, petroleum jobbers, cities, counties and school districts, industrial and commercial companies, and development firms.
We perform cathodic protection system design, installation and testing for pipelines, tanks and gathering or distribution systems. We deliver unique underground storage tank (UST) release detection and compliance review services; and we provide water and wastewater utility troubleshooting and support.
Please review our Corporate Statement of Qualifications.
Chapman Engineering came into being in 1988. Mr. Cal Chapman, an environmental engineer, Mr. Bill Hayes, a research chemist with 44 patents, and Mr. Jim Velvin, a gasoline retailer and engineer who also had over a hundred patents to his credit, teamed to create a concept for UST release detection. The company began work in early 1989 with this UST release detection system, trade-named Fuel Finder*. Mr. Chapman and Mr. Hayes developed the company through 1995, and Mr. Chapman has been sole principal since that time. Starting with UST leak detection, the company quickly diversified into environmental site assessments, removal of tank systems, and contamination cleanups involving chlorinated solvents and heavy metals, in addition to petroleum.
Corrosion protection is a field Chapman Engineering has worked in since the mid-1990's. We follow NACE International standards, and consider external corrosion protection a two-part problem. First, we make sure a good-quality coating is specified and applied properly, and then we add cathodic protection. "Impressed current" or "galvanic anode" cathodic protection systems may be specified, and Chapman Engineering does the turnkey design, installation and testing of these systems. Regular testing and data evaluation are vital over time.
Our approach has always been focused on face-to-face presentation with our customers and the regulatory agencies with whom they interact. Whether work involves pipeline cathodic protection, environmental assessment, geologic and water supply services, or other design and construction oversight, we want to stay in front of the regulatory community. In that way, we help advise our customers better, so they can anticipate changing requirements and costs for compliance.
* Fuel Finder is a trademark used by Chapman Engineering as of 1989 and forward.